TES - The EPIC Storm

• Ce sujet est fermé Ce sujet est fermé
228 réponses à ce sujet

#16 APriestOfGix

APriestOfGix
  • Membres
  • 39 messages

Posté 20 December 2007 - 04:43

Here is the most Recent list that Bryant and I are using (WastedLife).

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)
// NAME: The EPIC Storm
// AUTHOR: APriestOfGix

// Lands
    2 [VI] Undiscovered Paradise
    4 [TSB] Gemstone Mine
    4 [8E] City of Brass

// Creatures
    4 [PLC] Simian Spirit Guide

// Spells
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [DIS] Infernal Tutor
    4 [CS] Rite of Flame
    1 [TSP] Empty the Warrens
    4 [MI] Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 [TE] Lotus Petal
    4 [MR] Chrome Mox
    1 [US] Ill-Gotten Gains
    4 [JU] Burning Wish
    1 [SC] Tendrils of Agony
    4 [PS] Orim's Chant
    4 [MM] Dark Ritual
    1 [AL] Diminishing Returns
    2 [MI] Infernal Contract
    2 [TO] Cabal Ritual
    2 [LRW] Ponder

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [TSP] Empty the Warrens
SB: 1 [US] Ill-Gotten Gains
SB: 1 [SC] Tendrils of Agony
SB: 1 [AL] Diminishing Returns
SB: 1 [MI] Infernal Contract
SB: 1 [GP] Shattering Spree
SB: 1 [IN] Tranquility
SB: 1 [US] Duress
SB: 3 [IA] Pyroblast
SB: 1 [U] Red Elemental Blast
SB: 2 [SC] Xantid Swarm
SB: 1 [IA] Pyroclasm

The Infernal Contracts are almost an auto win.  They NEED to be played, they are very powerful, with the addition of more black sources in Cabal Ritual.

6 Cantrips has been found to be the best number.  So adding 2 Ponder is the way to go.

The sideboard is full of answers.  Chalice hurst TES less, and so Shattering Spree has gone to 1.  Pyroblast and REB are for Counterbalance, and more Swarm, for stifle, and opposing Chants.
I don't speak french, pardon my bad translations...

Je ne parle pas le français, le pardon ma mauvaise traduction ...

Image IPB

#17 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 20 December 2007 - 09:43

Hello !

I would like to ask you something : how do you deal with tarmo thresh or other aggro control deck ?

Is the DC version better in a metagame full of control and aggro control ?

#18 APriestOfGix

APriestOfGix
  • Membres
  • 39 messages

Posté 20 December 2007 - 09:53

Voir le messageChoobak, le Jeudi 20 Décembre 2007 à 00:43, dit :

Hello !

I would like to ask you something : how do you deal with tarmo thresh or other aggro control deck ?

Is the DC version better in a metagame full of control and aggro control ?

Tarmo Thresh is not that hard.  You just try to get a chat to hit, and win the game.

Image IPB

#19 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 20 December 2007 - 10:04

Voir le messageAPriestOfGix, le Jeudi 20 Décembre 2007 à 09:53, dit :

Tarmo Thresh is not that hard.  You just try to get a chat to hit, and win the game.

[Mode joke on/] yeah because i am a wookiee and i can break arms. [/Mode joke off]

Sorry but can you give more explanation, please ?

#20 APriestOfGix

APriestOfGix
  • Membres
  • 39 messages

Posté 20 December 2007 - 11:14

Voir le messageChoobak, le Jeudi 20 Décembre 2007 à 01:04, dit :

[Mode joke on/] yeah because i am a wookiee and i can break arms. [/Mode joke off]

Sorry but can you give more explanation, please ?

Play Orim's Chant, if it resolves win the game, else try and get him to tap out, and bait the FoW with a Infernal Contract, or Extra tutor...

Image IPB

#21 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 20 December 2007 - 11:31

hum...

Is it not a way to go off around turn 5 or 6 ? I'm affraid it's too long, no ? aggro control player can be near to kill you with lot of protection (fow, daze, stifle...) And how to deal with countertop ?

(I play the Devil's attorney but i play lot of combo too.)

#22 APriestOfGix

APriestOfGix
  • Membres
  • 39 messages

Posté 20 December 2007 - 11:39

Voir le messageChoobak, le Jeudi 20 Décembre 2007 à 02:31, dit :

hum...

Is it not a way to go off around turn 5 or 6 ? I'm affraid it's too long, no ? aggro control player can be near to kill you with lot of protection (fow, daze, stifle...) And how to deal with countertop ?

(I play the Devil's attorney but i play lot of combo too.)

win turn 1-3?

TES needs to win turn 1-3, don't go for the slow rolling, thats why we cut confidant.

Image IPB

#23 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 20 December 2007 - 11:43

Ok, I'll try it :lol:

#24 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 05 January 2008 - 22:31

So, i play it this saturday on a 48 players tournament in Paris with the last list with 2 draw 4 MD and 2 ponder. (Exactly the same as wastedlife take on the source.)

And i make a 2-4.

Why ? because of the too many mulligans, the good management of tokens and 3 fizzles.

This deck is not that good. Really. I play it since one year after playing a lot Iggy pop and finally, I will give up it because it is not stable. The three only viable combo deck are :
Cephalid breakfast, manaless ichorid and belcher. That's all.

I will write a report later.

#25 ASSASSIN

ASSASSIN
  • Membres
  • 4469 messages

Posté 06 January 2008 - 00:46

Voir le messageChoobak, le Samedi 05 Janvier 2008 à 22:31, dit :

The three only viable combo deck are :
Cephalid breakfast, manaless ichorid and belcher. That's all.
manaless ichorid in legacy ? With serum powder and LED instead of bazaard ? :lol:

Do you thinking IGG, TES, solidarity, aluren and salvager are dead ? Solidarity is random now so we see it win helped by the opponent's unknow. TES and IGG can win with luck, and can win if they are metagamed and played by experienced players. If I don't play TES of IGG (or my own version) it is not because I think is not viable, it is because I know I haven't the skill necessary.
please don't drive me blind

#26 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 06 January 2008 - 19:08

Voir le messageASSASSIN, le Dimanche 06 Janvier 2008 à 00:46, dit :

manaless ichorid in legacy ? With serum powder and LED instead of bazaard ? :lol:

Do you thinking IGG, TES, solidarity, aluren and salvager are dead ? Solidarity is random now so we see it win helped by the opponent's unknow. TES and IGG can win with luck, and can win if they are metagamed and played by experienced players. If I don't play TES of IGG (or my own version) it is not because I think is not viable, it is because I know I haven't the skill necessary.

For Ichorid, you know it's the bridge ichorid :D

About combo, i think i was a little enervate because of the lot of tests for a long time for such a result... But, i continue to say that this deck need more than skills. Like Belcher, it needs luck.
sometimes i had so violent first or second broken turn that the deck was a real pleasure. But some other times, I had so bad hand or a so controling (or lucky) opponnant, that's was impossible to wins .
ASSASSIN, i know you are skilled for this deck. The reality is that the deck is not as solid as it is said.

#27 APriestOfGix

APriestOfGix
  • Membres
  • 39 messages

Posté 07 January 2008 - 18:48

It really is.  If you have Magic Workstation, find me online some time, and i will show you how good it is...

Image IPB

#28 Lejay

Lejay

Papy Doomsday

• Légendes
  • 5231 messages

Posté 08 January 2008 - 07:22

Etant donné que j'ai eu confirmation de ce dont je me doutais à savoir que toutes les personnes intéressées dans ce fil de discussion ne maitrisaient pas forcément très bien l'anglais, je vais demander à l'ensemble des intervenants de poster dans chacune des deux langues ou de ne pas poster du tout. Si vous ne maîtrisez pas l'anglais et souhaitez participer il vous est possible tout comme le fera certainement Priest of Gix de passer par un des nombreux traducteurs existant sur Internet. En cas de traduction incompréhensible un modérateur ou même un membre pourra certainement éclairer les personnes maitrisant mal l'une des deux langues.
Cela demande un minimum d'effort et permet de profiter de la participation de tout le monde.

Given I now have confirmation of the fact that some people interested in this thread do not speak english so well, i must ask all posters to write their messages in both languages or avoid posting. If you do not master english/french and would like to participate you can use any translator on line. In the event a bad translation would be incomprehensible, any moderator or member will probably able to fix it.
It requires a minimum amount of effort and will allow to enjoy everybody's thoughts.

J'ai réglé les problèmes inhérents à Magic avec un format très fun et peu cher voire gratuit à monter pour jouer entre amis.
L'œuvre de ma vie, pour vous.
http://www.legacy-fr...showtopic=15348

#29 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 08 January 2008 - 09:52

:D  ça marche, Lejay. Désolé à ceux qui on des difficultés pour nous comprendre. Dorénavant, on ne vous oubliera plus.

:D  Ok, Lejay. Sorry for them who can't easily understand us. Now, we never forget you.

:D

Pour résumer la discution, APriestOfGix affirme (arrête-moi si je déforme tes propos) que TES est un deck très solide, sans doute l'un des meilleurs du Legacy. Pour ma part, je tente de modérer ses propos par mon expérience et mon sentiment sur le deck. Pour être précis, j'ai ce deck IRL depuis un an environ, car je suis un grand amateur et praticant de ce genre de deck. J'ai senti qu'il fallait bien ce temps de pratique avant de le jouer en tournois. Je me suis senti près au dernier tournois MC du 5 janvier. J'ai fait un report à ce sujet (je vais te le traduire en anglais, APriestOfGix) et il en ressort qu'il y a encore une trop grande part de chance dans le gain (ou plutôt la perte) des parties.
J'ai donc indiqué mon abandon momentané du deck, ne le trouvant pas optimal actuellement. Pour dire : Belcher me semble peut-être plus solide.
@APriestOfGix : Merci pour ta proposition mais je ne joue pas sur MWS car j'ai un iBook. Je joue sur LackeyCCG.

To summarize the discution, APriestOfGix asserts (stop me if I deform your comments) that TES is a very solid deck, doubtless one of the best of Legacy. For my part, I try to moderate its comments by my experience and my feeling on the deck. To be precise, I have this deck IRL since around one year, because I am a big amateur and praticant of this kind of deck. I smelt that was needed this time of practice before playing it in tournaments. I felt ready in last tournament MC of January 5th. I made a report about this (I am going to translate it to you into English, APriestOfGix) and it emerges from it that there is again a too big part of luck in the gain (or rather the loss) of parties. I thus indicated my momentary give up of the deck, not finding him optimal at present. To say: Belcher seems to me maybe more solid.
@APriestOfGix : Thanks for your proposition, but i don't play on MWS because i have a iBook. I play on LackeyCCG.

Modifié par Choobak, 08 January 2008 - 11:24 .

#30 APriestOfGix

APriestOfGix
  • Membres
  • 39 messages

Posté 08 January 2008 - 18:41

Lejay, I don't want to be a burden on your boards.  It is not nessary for people to post in English, I can google it if need be.  But thanks.

The thing about TES, is it is the hardest deck in Legacy to play.  Thats why i play it.  I love being able to out skill my opponents.  That also makes it's results not seem very well.  Bryant top 8's almost every time he plays it.  I also own the deck IRL, but i rarely get to play it.

It is not based on luck.  I can win through the most amazing situations.  Based on the fact the deck has answers to everything.  Yes sometimes you can have a bad day, but you need to try it more than once, and if still having bad results, i suggest you test more.  If after more testing, and still bad results, then give it up.

It takes a dedicated player who wishes to always sit their and think to play the deck.  I have friends, who are amazing players, but can't play TES, because it is just not their style.

Lejay, je ne veux pas être une charge pour vos conseils. Ce n'est pas pour les gens nessary pour écrire en anglais, je peux google il en cas de besoin. Mais grâce.

Le problème à propos de TES, il est le pont le plus difficile à jouer dans Legacy. Thats pourquoi i jouer. J'aime être en mesure d'observer les compétences mes adversaires. Cela permet, d'ailleurs les résultats semblent pas très bien. Bryant's top 8 presque à chaque fois qu'il joue. J'ai aussi propre du pont IRL, mais j'ai rarement à jouer.

Il n'est pas basé sur la chance. Je peux gagner à travers des situations les plus incroyables. Se fondant sur le fait que le pont a les réponses à tout. Oui parfois on peut avoir une mauvaise journée, mais vous devez essayer plus d'une fois, et si elle est encore avoir de mauvais résultats, je vous suggérons de tester plus. Si, après plusieurs essais, et encore de mauvais résultats, puis l'abandonner.

Il faut un lecteur dédié qui souhaite toujours s'asseoir et penser à leur jouer le pont. J'ai des amis, qui sont des joueurs incroyables, mais ne peuvent pas jouer TES, car il n'est tout simplement pas leur style.

Modifié par APriestOfGix, 08 January 2008 - 18:43 .

Image IPB