TES - The EPIC Storm

• Ce sujet est fermé Ce sujet est fermé
228 réponses à ce sujet

#31 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 11 January 2008 - 11:59

Je traduis ici le report de mon tournois du 05/01 que j'ai mis dans la section "report".

I translate the report about the tournament i played :

For this tournament, I decide to play TES, deck that I play since quite some time, further to the first post of Wastedlife on the source. I knew already well the mechanics of this kind of deck with IGGy pop whom I had played in tournaments last year.

Then first of all the list:

// Lands
2 [VI] Undiscovered Paradise
4 [TSB] Gemstone Mine
4 [8E] City of Brass

// Creatures
4 [PLC] Simian Spirit Guide

// Spells
4 [MM] Brainstorm
4 [DIS] Infernal Tutor
4 [CS] Rite of Flame
1 [TSP] Empty the Warrens
4 [MI] Lion's Eye Diamond
4 [TE] Lotus Petal
4 [MR] Chrome Mox
1 [US] Ill-Gotten Gains
4 [JU] Burning Wish
1 [SC] Tendrils of Agony
4 [PS] Orim's Chant
4 [MM] Dark Ritual
1 [AL] Diminishing Returns
2 [MI] Infernal Contract
2 [TO] Cabal Ritual
2 [LRW] Ponder

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [TSP] Empty the Warrens
SB: 1 [US] Ill-Gotten Gains
SB: 1 [SC] Tendrils of Agony
SB: 1 [AL] Diminishing Returns
SB: 1 [MI] Infernal Contract
SB: 1 [GP] Shattering Spree
SB: 1 [IN] Tranquility
SB: 1 [US] Duress
SB: 3 [IA] Pyroblast
SB: 1 [U] Red Elemental Blast
SB: 2 [SC] Xantid Swarm
SB: 1 [IA] Pyroclasm

It is the last list of Wastedlife which seemed to me powerful, capable of hyperbrokens turn 1 and that I played since Christmas. Before, I played with the version with 4 dark confidant who bit very well too. With the time maybe whom this last one would have been better...

Round 1: Mathieu with Affinity

1/I lose the D-roll. The first one is a party of health: Etw to 12 with a hand of departure ITx2, IGG, rite of flame, Chrome-plates mox x2, city. T2, I plays Burning wish for thougseize which removes a mitraine, The ultimate luck for him to survive. 1-0
2/The second is the beginning of my misfortune: I mulligan to 5 because of full hand of tutor or with land / mox. I manage to leave in an ETW in 10 to spare time, but he has atog, 2 orni, mitraine, cranial, a land(ground) blue arto and nexus. He can block and kill me with the orni equiped. Ouch ! 1-1
3/And it restarted for a muligan to 5 (wholesale even reason as the party. I keep a hand which allows me to look for SS to slow down him. He play me a land and an arto lorwin which allows to make mana. In my turn, I crack his both arto, but next he puts follower and leaves too fast. 1-2 begin well...

0-1-0

Round 2: Benoît (kyros) with a BR aggro

1/I loses the D-roll. I leave T3 with 12 gob. He has disto and dark confidant. He bit me very fast with Blood Lust and ends me in my turn 4 in spite of the kicked orim's Chant in his turn 3 with 2 incinerate. (a draw4 bit me too). 0-1 pffff
2/Fortunately, I begin with a magnificent T2 or 3 tendrils at 24 without that he can make something (draw4 and diminishing returns were magic!) 1-1
3 / Apothéose: tendril T1 in 30! 2-1
1-1-0 ( :D the deck operate not so badly)

Round 3: Gilles and his deck helme top.
My dark beast : I already have lost against him and his deck with Cephalid dreadnought breakfast in Pontoise. We were seated at the neibourgh table round 1: we know what we play.
1/And he keeps a hand with 2 EE + counterbalance top... he leaves for combo and kills me T2 or 3. 0-1
I bring in 3 pyroblast, 1 REB and 2 xantid against 2 ponder 2 cabal, and 2 chrome mox.
2 / I have a hand with 2 pyro, 2 ssg, a burning wish a mox and a land(ground). I decide to keep(guard) to have a possibility of leaving for combo. It is to my opinion the bad choice. I would have had to mulligan because leave for combo faster than I. But it was hard : he play lot of free counterspell too. 0-2

1-2-0

Round 4: Franck (Oups!) with POX discard. (bad MU)

1/I lose the D-roll. He begins by duress T1 then hymn T2, then pox. I reset me a hand with one draw4 but loses on rack in spite of ETW at 10 (not possible to go in tendrils). 0-1
2/I leave T3 on an ETW in 16 (I said to myself that that would go with so much). He have two creatures but also scroll which, with funeral charm, botch up to me my gob that I kept(guarded) to defense. And kills me with the nezumi transformed into rack... Tendrils would have been better. 0-2
Even there, my hands were not terrible... So when moreover i am discarded...

1-3-0

I am losing hope. And I fall on Elf that I think of being a good MU.

Round 5: Vincent with elfs.
1/I lose D-roll (still). He puts essence warden T1. I go in combo T1 with returns and I finish to a storm of 9 with Infernal tutor... But ToA is remove from the game and I haven't enough mana to make BW. So worse: I leave on ETW and give him(her) 20 LP. But I lower him in 8 in two turns of attack and after my last attack, the same turn, I tendril in 8 exactly leaves there. 1-0
2/I leave with a diminshing returns but dig that 2 draw4 and I fizzle by drawing twice of boils and by staying at 4 LP. 1-1
3/I have a soft hand which can permit me to leave T3, but he has a broken exit which kills me in combo staff of domination infinity mana, infinity LP + infinity draw up + pfffff 1-2

1-4-0

I am going not to delay to suiscid, but as there is a last round...

Round 6: Gina with elfs (the return!)

1/I lose the D-roll (never luck) and I leave on ETW in 12. I try to restart with gob as to bloqueur, but I fizzle on returns without tutor. The elfs submerges me in spite of 2 of kicked orim's chant to try the topdeck. 0-1
2/I leave on Tendrils in 38 which tears. 1-1 3/She takes out to me 2 null rod but I have Shatering spree with BW. I leave the next turn  on Tendrils in 20.
2-1

2-4-0

Here is thus one bad tournaments, and I doubtless made errors. I count 2 at least: one against affinity with the spree (I should have waited for a turn) and one against pox when I left for ETW instead of ToA.

#32 APriestOfGix

APriestOfGix
  • Membres
  • 39 messages

Posté 11 January 2008 - 18:49

I can see a few errors.  You are playing ETW too late in the game and expecting to win.  I will almost never play an EtW turn 2, because it gives them time for answers.  Also how do you mulligan?  Can i get some sample hands?  Sounds like you ether got screwed with draws, or mulliganed keepable hands.
I don't speak french, pardon my bad translations...

Je ne parle pas le français, le pardon ma mauvaise traduction ...

Image IPB

#33 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 11 January 2008 - 21:33

Voir le messageAPriestOfGix, le Vendredi 11 Janvier 2008 à 18:49, dit :

I can see a few errors.  You are playing ETW too late in the game and expecting to win.  I will almost never play an EtW turn 2, because it gives them time for answers.  Also how do you mulligan?  Can i get some sample hands?  Sounds like you ether got screwed with draws, or mulliganed keepable hands.

I translate quickly :

APriestOfGix indique qu'il a vu quelques erreurs dans ma manière de jouer. Tout d'abord, il trouve que ETW ne doit jamais être jouer T2 (ça donne le temps de trouver des réponses) et que je l'ai fait trop tard pour gagner certaines fois. Ensuite il me demande comment je mulligane et de donner des exemples de main.

Je réponds en anglais et je traduis. I answer in english and after i will translate.

So, Maybe it will be happened one tree times during the first round and the round against pox, yes. But after, i play ETW because i had no choice (ToA not accessible or need to do something not to lose without enough of mana to go into ToA) But, alright : i notice and try it again.

But the hands i mulligan are very horrible.  Three exemples i had (from my notes) :
City, mine, 2 SSG, 2 Mox, Petal
Or
Mox, diminishing, BW, IGG, 2 SSG,  2 draw4
Or
2 city, 1 mine, 1 Paradise, 1SSG, 1 DR, 1 petal

I don't think i had a bad choice to mulligan such hand, no ? And, I had hand like that too many times as i would like.

Traduction :
C'est vrai qu'il m'est arrivé de partir trois fois en ETW (au premier match et pendant la partie contre pox). Mais les autres fois étaient surtout parce que je n'avais pas d'autre choix (ToA innaccessible ou pas assez de mana pour partir en ToA et le besoin de réagir pour ne pas mourir (avoir des bloqueurs)). Mais d'accord, je le note et réessaierai encore.

Mais en ce qui concerne les mains, je donne trois exemples (voir plus haut).
Je ne crois pas trop me planter dans mes mulligans et j'ai ce genre de mains trop souvent à mon goût.

#34 Choobak

Choobak
  • Membres
  • 3343 messages

Posté 11 January 2008 - 21:51

Une carte dans Morningtide pour le deck :
A card in morningtide for the deck :

Slithermuse
:D :D :D
Creature - Elemental ®
When Slithermuse leaves play, choose an opponent. If that player has more cards in hand than you, draw cards equal to the difference.
Evoke :P :D
3/3

Wastedlife l'a repéré pour nous : un draw7 de T1 voir 2...
Wastedlife notice it for us : a draw7 for T1, maybe T2

#35 Elmi

Elmi
  • Membres
  • 56 messages

Posté 13 January 2008 - 00:45

J'ai aussi sursauté en voyant la carte dans le spoiler ce matin... C'est presque un Windfall, ça sent la carte qui a du potentiel en Legacy et Vintage... Je me demande si ça vaut pas la peine de changer le deck pour l'inclure X4 carrément (pas encore lu les commentaires de Wastedlife).

It's like a Windfall, why not play it 4x, and maybe remove MD Returns (and change the deck a bit to abuse it at it's best)?

Modifié par Elmi, 13 January 2008 - 01:01 .

#36 Bickette

Bickette
  • Membres
  • 176 messages

Posté 13 January 2008 - 03:19

I don't think it 's a good idea to remove Diminushing returns, which is the only real Draw7 available in legacy. Slithermuse makes you draw 7 cards only if you try to play the combo turn 1 on the play, and if your opponent didn't play FoW. I think you'll generally draw about 4 or 5 cards.

But wouldn't it be better to play it instead of infernal contract ? (half of your life hurts a lot).

Also, keep in mind that it can be countered AND "stifled".

Je crois pas que ce soit une bonne idée de retirer Diminushing returns, qui est le seul vrai Draw 7 dispo en Legacy. Slithermuse fait piocher 7 cartes seulement si tu combotes T1 on the play et si ton adversaires n'a pas joué de FoW. Je pense qu'en général on piochera plutôt 4 ou 5 cartes.

Ce ne serait pas mieux de la jouer à la place d'infernal contract? (payer la moitié de ses PV ça pique).

N'oubliez pas également qu'elle peut être à la fois contrée ET "stiflée".

Just my opinion  :D

Citation

MER IL ES FOU !

#37 APriestOfGix

APriestOfGix
  • Membres
  • 39 messages

Posté 21 January 2008 - 23:35

Slithermuse has been interesting.

It is only better when you are already winning.  It's basically a win more card, and it is 99% of the time worse that Returns, because it's only good in conjunction with LED to have a hand of zero, and an opponents hand of 7.

Both WastedLife and i agree that if it had costed 2U (as spoiled) it would have been a 1 of (along with returns) but at 4 mana, it just can be run.

Slithermuse a été intéressant.

C'est seulement mieux quand vous êtes déjà gagnant. C'est essentiellement un gain de plus de carte, et il est de 99% du temps que les retours pire, parce que c'est seulement en liaison avec la bonne LED d'avoir une part de zéro, et une part des opposants 7.

Les deux WastedLife i et acceptez que si elle avait chiffré 2U (comme gâtée), il aurait été de 1 (avec des rendements), mais à 4 points de mana, ça peut être exécuté.
I don't speak french, pardon my bad translations...

Je ne parle pas le français, le pardon ma mauvaise traduction ...

Image IPB

#38 revo

revo
  • Membres
  • 394 messages

Posté 10 March 2008 - 23:55

Dimanche à Reims j'ai joué la même version que la dernière de wastedlife avec juste quelques changements dans le side (contre control et DS notamment) et en fait je me suis rendu compte que je tenais face aux contres mais que la discard me taillait en pièces.

Que dites-vous de
-2 Ponder
+1 Cabal Ritual
+1 Infernal Contract

A moins qu'il n'y ait mieux pour se remettre de discard massive ? Car vraiment ça m'a embarassé.

#39 Toad

Toad
  • Membres
  • 1246 messages

Posté 11 March 2008 - 13:11

Ca me surprend que ce thread soit encore actif, le deck est mauvais à la base, et là l'environnement actuel lui est qui plus est extrêmement hostile ...

Ah et sinon arrêtez de poster en anglais, on est sur un forum francais quand même ...

#40 ASSASSIN

ASSASSIN
  • Membres
  • 4469 messages

Posté 11 March 2008 - 22:14

Voir le messageToad, le Mardi 11 Mars 2008 à 13:11, dit :

Ca me surprend que ce thread soit encore actif, le deck est mauvais à la base, et là l'environnement actuel lui est qui plus est extrêmement hostile ...

Ah et sinon arrêtez de poster en anglais, on est sur un forum francais quand même ...
Alors la je ne suis complétement pas d'accord. Le deck est clairement pas mauvais à la base, si on fait le manier je suis même certain qu'il peut faire des merveilles dans le format actuel. Et si on craint les calice/trini on peut sérieusement packer des SS MD.

Et on poste en anglais car le thread à été suivi par un anglais qui a fait l'effort de venir ici et car c'est pas un effort si démesurée. La démarche a d'ailleurs été suivie par JM qui a demandé explicitement à tous les membre de faire des posts dans les deux langues.

TES is not a bad deck. It is may be a little hard to playing but if you can use it you can make great results with it. And if you fear chalice or 3sphere we can play SS MD.

And we post in English because thread is animated by an English player who came here and because it is not so hard. This is supported by lejay and he ask to all member to post in the two languages in this thread.
please don't drive me blind

#41 blind

blind

Le Magnifique !

• Membres
  • 5345 messages

Posté 07 May 2008 - 14:53

LJe trouve le Deck braiment intérréssant,, je l'avais déja joué testé en extend et m'y intérrésse en Légacy. Mais les seul listes que j'ai vu ne mon pas convaincu quelqu'un aurait-il une liste updater et qui tient la route?

Soryy, I speak little English!  :D

un certain Mr. S a dit :

vu que je suis modo et que j'ai une grosse bite il ne supprimera pas.

#42 frolll

frolll

Exilé

• Membres
  • 999 messages

Posté 07 May 2008 - 17:29

Bryant C. dit :

The Decklist
Lands
4 Gemstone Mine
4 City of Brass
1 Undiscovered Paradise
1 Tarnished Citadel

Creatures
4 Simian Spirit Guide

Spells
4 Orim’s Chant
4 Dark Ritual
4 Rite of Flame
4 Lion’s Eye Diamond
4 Lotus Petal
4 Chrome Mox
4 Infernal Tutor
4 Burning Wish
4 Brainstorm
3 Ponder
2 Infernal Contract
1 Diminishing Returns
1 Ill-Gotten Gains
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Wipe Away

SB:1 Diminishing Returns
SB:1 Ill-Gotten Gains
SB:1 Cruel Bargain
SB:1 Tendrils of Agony
SB:1 Empty the Warrens
SB:1 Thoughtsieze
SB:1 Pyroclasm
SB:1 Shattering Spree
SB:4 Vexing Shusher
SB:3 Pyroblast

Et plus loin, il parle de -1 Wipe Away, +1 Ponder (pour passer à 4 md, donc)
Et de changer le sb pour arriver à ça :

Citation

1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Ill Gotten Gains
1 Diminishing Returns
1 Infernal Contract
1 Hull Breach
1 Pyroclasm
4 Serenity
4 Vexing Shusher

voilà :D

Citation

How many hours do you spend on Magic Online in an average week?
24 hours in a day – 8 hours of sleep = 16 X 7 = 104 hours in a week

#43 blind

blind

Le Magnifique !

• Membres
  • 5345 messages

Posté 07 May 2008 - 19:22

merci Frolll!

thx Frolll!

ps: votre avis sur ce Deck actuellement?

ps: your opinion on the Deck moment?

un certain Mr. S a dit :

#44 revo

revo
  • Membres
  • 394 messages

Posté 07 May 2008 - 20:22

Edit : Au fait blind, je crois qu'on joue en legacy et non en légacy :)

ouaip, ça tourne mieux avec les ponder à la place des cabal, et sans le random wipe away :D

sinon je commençais à penser passer à FT mais avec l'arrivée du shusher dans ce deck ça a changé ma vie quoi !
maintenant le SB contre les decks chiant en controle c'est plus qqes pyroblast en désespoir de cause mais des vrais trucs qui les pourissent

sinon j'avoue que les serenity ça paraît cool, j'ai un peu test depuis son post sur ts et ça a l'air de bien marcher

sinon le deck actuellement
AggroLoam => pas bien dur, ce qui encourage quand même à jouer le deck  
Stax => Tendu, mais les serenity aident pas mal post-sb
nought => grâce au shusher c'est un peu moins ingagnable mais ça reste un MU plutôt très difficile
Landstill => Un MU qui était moyen avant shusher, maintenant je gagne bien plus fréquemment
DS => ça existe encore ce machin ?
Tresh => Contre ceux qui traînent encore, le MU est amélioré là aussi par shusher
Ichorid => course de vitesse, avec returns comme bouton reset (lol)
gobs => bye

avec aussi l'avantage de gagner contre tout ce qui peut traîner comme randoms (sauf big U)

Modifié par revo, 07 May 2008 - 20:36 .

#45 blind

blind

Le Magnifique !

• Membres
  • 5345 messages

Posté 07 May 2008 - 20:27

Revo, donc pou toi le Deck est vial! :D

un certain Mr. S a dit :