Aller au contenu

[Report] Pro Tour: Koube. Side Event. (English)

• Veuillez vous connecter pour répondre
15 réponses à ce sujet

#1 Laurent Fleury

Laurent Fleury
  • Membres
  • 60 messages

Posté 21 October 2006 - 04:29

Soooooooooooooo !

I'm back from Kobe ! Want to hear about it ? Read on !

Friday morning, Horita, 8:00

My fiancée innocently asks me if "it wasn't at 8:00 I had to leave ?" while of course still in the bed. Gotta love a long day's bad start. Of course, I went to bed at 4 in the morning the day before. Shower. Kiss Goodbye. Bicycle. Train. Usual Stuff. But in Fast Forward (ok, not the kiss). Arrived in Kouzouji at 9:00 where my friend Tanaka Yuuichi waits for me with Hayashi Masashi. It's a 4 hours drive from Nagoya to Koube and the event starts at 15:00 so we leave without further ado.

Road Trip. Random useless fun stuff that doesn't belong to a Magic Forum.

Friday Afternoon, Koube, 14:00

On site. After 4 hours of Magic talk we definitly wants to play it out. And yes, Yuuichi is not a liar, his deck is a freakin' bomb. Out of 5 maindeck games I still managed to win 3 of them, but I know it's gonna be worse post-sideboard if we ever have to meet in the tournament. Yuuichi is a crazy f_cker, I'll tell you about the deck later, he's all right with me talking about it. I test some random games against some other random friends and I win it all. People still say at this point of the day "Meh. It's like Threshold but without Threshold. Threshold is strong.", kind of. Yuuichi tells me "In the car I thought your deck was weak, but I didn't really understand Jotun Grunt...".

15:00, uketsuke / registration

Time to register, I'm the first on a list that will go up to 39 people. Nice ! I wanted to see at least 32 people participating so that's all I wanted. Now I just wanted to top 8 to prove everyone the deck is good. While I write down my decklist, I remove the single Sensei's Divining Top for a Pithing Needle Maindeck (no change otherwise). I was affraid of Wasteland and SDT was the weak part of the deck anyway, I knew it even if I like the card. They announce the prize : 5 swiss rounds and a Top 8 Single Elimination. 12 japanese Time Spiral booster for all top 8 players and 40 revised dual lands (4 of each) to the winner. Nice !

So here is my final list :

Uwb F!sh Laurent Fleury's version

4 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
4 Underground Sea
4 Tundra
1 Scrubland
1 Plain
1 Island

4 Meddling Mage
4 Dark Confidant
3 Mother of Runes
3 Jotun Grunt
2 Serendib Efreet

4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
4 Brainstorm
4 Serum Visions
3 Stifle
2 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Pithing Needle

Sideboard
4 Engineered Plague
4 Duress
2 Pithing Needle
2 Engineered Explosvies
2 Disenchant
1 Umezawa's Jitte

16:00, Pairing

Time to rock.

Round I against Wataru Hosaka (Faerie Stompy)

Game 1, a very important thing happend to me. You know... I speak japanese. I'm not trying to get me a medal or something, but I also happend to be a nice guy. The normal white guy in a Pro Tour in Koube doesn't speak japanese. So what does the nice guy do ? translate. I play a first turn fecth > tundra > serum visions , pass. Then something happend at the table on my right, and I decide to help the tchek guy explains something to the judge (he didn't have time to write his list or something), because judges doesn't really speak english as well outside of words written on a magic card. My opponent draw, play an ancient tomb, tap, lose 2 life, plays Jitte and say Pass. I untap, upkeep, dra... what ? What is this Daze still doing in my hand ? Yep... I was too busy helping the guy to actualy concentrate on my own game. "Be nice because it's nice but don't be too nice because it's just plain stupid", that's my advice today if you ever need it. So here I was, 2 spells played in my tournament and I already felt the fear, the lose and everything else. He plays a second turn Chrome Mox, Island, Cloud of Faerie, Equip, Chalice of the Void at 1 (countered). I lost this game. It was very, very, frustrating. I decided from this point on to focus on my games and to help who I can help if I'm asked to (and I was, a lot), but only if I was asked by a judge and I could then pause my game !

Sideboard
I forgot to write it down... I know what I did side in, 2 Engineered Explosives, 2 Pithing Needle, 2 Disenchant, 1 Umezawa's Jitte. But I'm not sure what I sided out, maybe Mother of Runes or/and Meddling Mage.

Game 2, he plays a turn 2 1/1 pro red flying faerie that I don't even remember the name. I disenchant a Chrome Mox, plays a Serendib Efreet, counter a Jitte, play my own, equip, win.

Game 3 (where I sided out my Daze, useless on the draw in this matchup), same thing but with Jotun Grunt. Refrain creatures from being equiped, play whatever creature you can, Jitte, win.

2-1
(1-0)

phew ! I could stay focus in game 2 and 3 and I was really happy to win this one because if I had lost I would think the whole day that it was because I just wanted to be nice, and it's not something cool to put in correlation (being nice = lose). Now it's just something like, being nice in a tournament = stupid. Which suits to me perfectly.

Yuuichi wins, Hayashi loses. next.

Round II against Yamano Tatsuo (Mono-Red Sligh/Burn)

The two games looked the same, I play a Dark Confidant very quick and he doesn't want to kill it, following the Flores Rules (or whatever) that says that a Dark Confidant against you when playing burn is actualy card advantage for YOU. Bullshit, if you want my opinion, but you probably don't as Flores was probably speaking of Standard exclusivly. Of course, after some turn of Confidant, I eventualy draw Jitte and win. Both games. like this. First game I end up with 6 life and second at 1 life. But with a lot of Jitte counters in both games.

Sideboard
-4 StP, -1 Meddling Mage; +4 Duress, +1 Jitte

2-0
(2-0)

Yuuichi wins, Hayashi loses.

Round III against Oonishi Tatsuya (Faerie Stompy)

Game 1, I get two Jotun Grunt on the board, he does a "mistake" by attacking when he thought they would die next upkeep and I just double-stifle on upkeep for the win (with a Jitte equiped on one of them).

Side, same as Round I, roughly.

Game 2, I keep a 1 tundra, 1 brainstorm, 2 serum visions hand. I do this a lot on the draw. I would do it again if I could... But maybe not against Faerie Stompy. First turn Chalice of the Void at 1. When I finaly draw a second land, he has a Cloud of Faerie equiped with a Sword of Fire and Ice and a Mask of Memory as well as a second CotV setted at 2. (I lost)

Game 3, After a big counterspell war that he won, he starts punching me with a cloud of faerie + CotV at 1, no cards in hand, Chrome Mox and Ancient Tomb. I disenchant the Chrome Mox but I have no cards in hand as well (or yes, brainstorm and StP, but...CotV stuff). I finaly play a Dark Confidant. reveal FoW. reveal FoW. I lost. I will never say that "sometimes Dark Confidant sucks". But. FoW sucks maybe ? ;)

1-2
(2-1)

Yuuichi wins (3-0), Hayashi wins (1-2)

Now I know I have to win the next two games to make Top 8 %U not easy as there is a lot of good players in here !

Round IV against Saikichi Yousuke (Mono-Black Poxes')

Game 1 he does the infamous turn one dark ritual duress hymn to tourach. Second turn Wasteland, the Rack. Smallpox. And eventualy a Mishra's Factory and a second The Rack FTW.

Sideboard involved some kind of MoM out, Duress in and other stuff. I should have write that down but...

Game 2, This was harder, my creatures didn't seem to want to stay into play... It's a very long game and we end up having almost no hand, no board but I slip a Serendib Efreet into play, Daze efficiently saved his ass even in the late game ! and with a Jitte I had in play I could finaly win (playing a Meddling Mage thereafter as a counter-pox), I ended the game at 3 life, still %W

Game 3 was very interesting as well ! The game 2 was so long a lot of people gathered around us for game 3. The beginning is a basic one, involving some cantrips, fetches, hymn to tourachs etc. But then, then. I play Dark Confidant. he has only 2 lands (one of those is Mishra's Factory) on the board and a Phyrexian Totem, he passes. I reveal... FoW. I'm at 12, my draw is Dark Confidant. I think for a while... I then think again untill the judge tells me to do something. I cast 2 other Dark Confidant and now there is 30 people watching the game. I say something like "Ne ! Yuuki ga aru furansujin mo iru ndarou na ! :huh:" (You see ! There's still some french guys who have guts ;)) and the guy is laughing. he draw, play The Rack and pass. I reveal... Land, Stifle, FoW ! I'm at 6. I punch for 6, he's at 6 now (he doesn't block so I can kill myself with the Dark Confidants). he untaps, draw and play a Hymn to Tourach... I Force of Will, removing Force of Will. 5 life. he knows I have one Stifle so he attacks with Mishra's Factory. 3 life. I untap, he's holding his breath. Upkeep, stifle on Dark Confidant. Ok. Second Stifle on second Dark Confidant. ok ! now it's a matter of revealing Serendib Efreet/FoW to lose or not to win... or is it ? I tap a third land for... a third Stifle ! The guy take it well and congratulates me for one of the best last turn he has ever seen (it was the first of extra turns).

2-1
(3-1)

Yuuichi wins (4-0), Hayashi loses (1-3)

Round V against Yamada Chiaki (Rw Vial Goblins)

For those who knows something about japanese names, you can see this player was a girl. And... she was gorgeous ! Man Japan is a blessed country. My fiancée had started playing the day before and now I saw two very cute girls at a Pro Tour. Those girls rock and it was fun seeing them enjoying the game as much as "we" did. This Chiaki-chan wasn't kidding either as she was 3-0-1 with Rw Vial Goblins... !

She propose me to ID but after a quick check we see that she could probably make the Top 8 at 3-0-2 but not me at 3-1-1. I have to play it out, sorry B)

Game 1, I have one of nicest draw against Goblin... She starts but I have a first turn FoW (Meddling Mage RFG woo !) for her Lackey. Then I play a random cantrip, pass. She has no turn 2 lands but she played Aether Vial (that's why she kept the hand nonetheless). Turn 2 cantrip, fetch, go. Counter on Vial, no land, pass. land, Serendib Efreet, go, Mogg Fanatic. Counter on Vial, go. untap, Jotun Grunt, Pithing Needle, response Goblin Piledriver in play via Vial, naming Vial with Needle, Land, StP on Piledriver, attack with Efreet. The game last for some turns and I manage to keep the board state and win with those two big guys. She StPed my Grunt and I even finished at 18 life.

Sideboard, quite easy, this one I knew from a looong time.
-4 Daze, -4 Force of Will
+4 Engineered Plague, +2 Pithing Needle, +1 Umezawa's Jitte, +1 Engineered Explosives

Game 2, we had some specators and what followed was really sad... I mean, I really enjoy playing with girls. I'm not a pervert or a freakin' retarded nerd, but I just think it makes the game more human. And I would have love the game to be kind of fair, 2-1 for me in the end or something, but she just couldn’t do anything against 3 Engineered Plague and two Meddling Mage (Disenchant and StP)... %2

2-0
(4-1)

Tanaka ID for 4-0-1, Hayashi loses (1-4)

So I f_ckin’ made it ! Top 8 ! Actualy I finished the swiss round in 3rd place, the guy that beated me in round 3 finished 5-0 in first place and my friend Tanaka is in 6th place,

So yes, for those who know how a Single elimination works, I had to play Tanaka in the Top 8...

We made it all together to Koube, I told him when the pairing for Round I was up “kesshou de aou yo” (Let’s meet in the Finals) and that kind of actualy happend, but a little bit too soon.

Top 8 match against Tanaka Yuuichi (Smallpox/Life from the Loam Control)

Before the game, we promise each other to give 20 lands to the other one if one of us wins the whole thing (2 of each lands split). We shake our hands, “Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu” and it’s a go.

Game 1 I had the whole set, he wins the die roll, Land, Mox Diamond, Life from the Loam. Turn 2 Wasteland, Exploration, Life from the Loam. Turn 2 Engineered Explosives at 2, Smallpox. Etc. Untill I lose.

Sideboard was kind of random, I knew his deck card by card but I knew I couldn’t do much as well, I sided in Duress and Pithing Needle, siding out some stuff like Daze.

Game 2 is very close and long, he gets to 2 life, top deck a Loxodon Hierarch that I have to StP to get through him with a Jitte (On Dark Confidant ><, nothing stayed in play long enough...). Engineered Explosives, Stifle, Eternal Witness, -1/-1 counter, lose 5 to FoW (again...), Engineered Explosives for 2, resolve and activate, I gain some life. Volrath's Stronghold on Loxodon Hierarch and he then win with a Eternal Witness + Genesis + Volrath's Stronghold plus the freakin' whole deck in the graveyard and Loxodon Hierarch.loop.

And that's it folks, I lost to my best Magic friend in Nagoya on Pro Tour Koube.

In the top 4, Tanaka fight against a UB Reanimator Combo (an interesting one involving a hasted Suttured Ghould and 2 Krosan Cloudscrapper FTW on turn 2-3 reliably)

he wins 2-1 after a very very long and hard match ! The opponent is kind of pissed of because he objectivly had a bad draw on game 3, but that's the game, mostly when you play combo.

In the Final, Tanaka play against Rw Vial Goblin and... wins. The deck is unbeatable anyway.

So for those who read right, that meant I won 20 dual lands as well, even if I refused the present in exchange of him lending me the lands I'd need in future tournaments. He's a friend and he deserved to win those lands, I didn't want the split even after our promise.

So that's it, I finished in 5th place of Pro Tour Kobe with Uwb F!sh guys ! Losing only two games, one from a guy who finished first in the swiss round (and 3rd in the end), and one against the guy who won the whole thing ! That doesn't prove anything about me, but it does prove that "my" deck is superior to Threshold, I think, and that it is a Tier I contender in Legacy.

The final Top 8 looked like that :

1. Smallpox/Life from the Loam Control (Tanaka)
2. Rw Goblins (Takahashi)
3. Faerie Stompy (Oonishi)
4. UB Reanimator Combo (Han-san)
5. Uwb F!sh (Me)
6. Rw Goblins (Aaron somthing, an american)
7. Rw Goblins (??)
8. Ugw Threshold (not sure on this one) (??)

Thanks for reading. See you soon. This was my first Pro Tour experience and it rocked (even if it just was a Side Event).
I'll talk to Yuuichi-kun about posting his decklist in there in the near future *he told me it was all right to explain the deck for now). Right now I don't want to, you'll understand why. I can tell you it's Gbwr Smallpox/Life from the Loam/Eternal Witness/Engineered Explosive Control.dec though. Then figure it out %W

If you want to read more about the deck I played, check on the “Uwb Fish” topic in the “Legacy’s Proven” section of The Mana Drain. It is not my deck but the deck of many people that puts a lot of efforts in it, most notably Hanni, 10th at last SCD’s Duel for Duals (thanks to him btw ! Good Job and interesting posts). I personnaly did finish first last week in a 15 person’s tournament in Ariya, south of Aichi-ken, Japan, and now 5th in Pro Tour: Koube. Test against the deck guys, it’s good %W
小松 露蘭 - Komatsu Laurent

#2 Lejay

Lejay

Papy Doomsday

• Légendes
  • 5231 messages

Posté 21 October 2006 - 07:45

Et bien on l'attendait avec impatience, et on avait raison. Très sympa ce report, et surtout très intéressant. Quand j'ai lu que tu avais changé la toupie pour une vial sur place j'ai été assez déçu parce que je pense qu'il ne faut jamais faire de changement au dernier moment, mais bon apparement ça t'as sauvé les fesses au moins une fois (mais est-ce que toupie n'aurait pas servi sur les multiples dark confidants  ;) ).
Si tu as rencontré 2 Faerie stompy c'est un hasard ou le deck est très joué au Japon ? J'avoue que ça ne m'étonnerait pas qu'il soit joué là-bas, les meta japonais sont tellement à part. Et puis le deck est excellent, peu joué en Europe surtout à cause du prix des sea drake.

J'avoue ne toujours pas avoir de suggestions à faire pour le deck. Rien à redire mais je tacherai de le tester, ça me fait bizarre de pas pouvoir donner de conseils sur un deck posté ici. :huh:

Pour le Gbwr Smallpox/Life from the Loam/Eternal Witness/Engineered Explosive Control.dec effectivement ça éveille la curiosité, d'ailleurs quelques fans du LftL engine sur le forum comme Neonico, Apo ou kLu risquent d'exiger quelques précisions prochainement.

Bon voilà moi je pars dans une heure faire un p'tit tournoi boutique chez MagicCorpo, 40 joueurs aussi, mais pour des lots quand même moins importants c'est sûr. M'enfin y aura quand même pas mal de rogue decks aussi (au passage sympa aussi le fait qu'il ait semblé y avoir un bon niveau au side event).

Modifié par Lejay, 21 October 2006 - 07:46 .

J'ai réglé les problèmes inhérents à Magic avec un format très fun et peu cher voire gratuit à monter pour jouer entre amis.
L'œuvre de ma vie, pour vous.
http://www.legacy-fr...showtopic=15348

#3 Juju

Juju
  • Membres
  • 159 messages

Posté 21 October 2006 - 10:18

Yo, cool report, d'accord avec Lejay :huh:

Ca va me faire regretter de pas avoir pris mon deck legacy avec moi ca... Enfin, vu que je suis pas (tres) loin de Nagoya, j'essaierai de te preveir la ou les fois ou je passerai la bas

Juju, Zoo playa

#4 isk90

isk90
  • Membres
  • 125 messages

Posté 21 October 2006 - 10:47

très bon report !

Voir le messageLejay, le Samedi 21 Octobre 2006 à 08:45, dit :

Pour le Gbwr Smallpox/Life from the Loam/Eternal Witness/Engineered Explosive Control.dec effectivement ça éveille la curiosité, d'ailleurs quelques fans du LftL engine sur le forum comme Neonico, Apo ou kLu risquent d'exiger quelques précisions prochainement.

effectivement, j'aimerai moi aussi en savoir plus.

de même que pour le reanimator combo (il me semble que ce deck jouait 4 vampiric tutor en extend, ça doit être du sans...)

#5 puddn

puddn
  • Membres
  • 1372 messages

Posté 21 October 2006 - 18:58

Citation

The final Top 8 looked like that :

1. Smallpox/Life from the Loam Control (Tanaka)
2. Rw Goblins (Takahashi)
3. Faerie Stompy (Oonishi)
4. UB Reanimator Combo (Han-san)
5. Uwb F!sh (Me)
6. Rw Goblins (Aaron somthing, an american)
7. Rw Goblins (??)
8. Ugw Threshold (not sure on this one) (??)

ya des petites erreurs mais en gros ca donne ca:

Kobe legacy

necro dit :

Je ne parle pas ici des mecs comme moi avec un numéro DCI à 6 chiffres et dont les FOW sortent directement des boosters Alliances.

#6 Laurent Fleury

Laurent Fleury
  • Membres
  • 60 messages

Posté 21 October 2006 - 19:23

Voir le messagepuddn, le Samedi 21 Octobre 2006 à 19:58, dit :

ya des petites erreurs mais en gros ca donne ca:

Kobe legacy

Merci !!! On a fait ca de tete dans la voiture avec Yuuichi et Masashi a 5h du mat apres 4h de Karaoke :huh: Je voulais justemment savoir ou et quand le top 8 officiel serait posté.

Sinon merci tout le monde pour les commentaires ! Et pour le deck de Tanaka-san vous l'avez dans le lien de Puddn !

En ce qui concerne Faerie Stompy, il n'y en avait que 2 dans le tournoi je pense, j'ai juste été pairé contre... Ca arrive ;) Sinon la metagame était assez "normale" je pense. A noté par contre l'absence quasi-totale de IGGy-Pop et de Solidarity. Et l'absence (finalement) de Threshold dans le top 8. Je pense objectivement que Threshold est mort. "mon" deck est tout simplement pareil mais mieux.

Pour ce qui est de l'impact de Time Spiral sur Legacy d'apres ce tournoi :

- Smallpox.

Une carte a watché... C'est ultra fort dans la metagame... Le deck de Yuuichi est broken et c'est en grande partie a cause de cette imbecilité de carte.

- Krosan Grisp

On en parlait avec les 9 japonais avec qui j'ai finis la soirée et c'est la meilleure carte Split Second de Time Spiral. Peut-etre la seule jouable avec Trickbond en Legacy. Pour un colorless de plus dans un deck green (aka pas Goblin splash green ou ce genre de connerie) c'est 2 fois meilleur que Naturalize. Tormod's Crypt, Umezawa's Jitte, Pernicious Deed, Engineered Explosives sont directement affecté par les deux coté de la carte, pour ne citer qu'eux, et c'est sans parler de l'aspect uncounterable contre Landstill (Crucible of Worlds etc.) ou mon deck (Pithing Needle, Jitte) et autre blue based control deck. Vraiment fort.

- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician

un 1-of automatique dans Goblin je pense. Les deux ability sont relevant et une 3/2 pour 3R avec la mana curve de Goblin n'est pas forcémment nul en soit non plus.

~~~

Merci Puddn ! Et aux autres aussi.

@Lejay : Ce n'était pas vraiment un changement de derniere minute. J'avais échangé une semaie avant 2 Counterbalance / 2 Sensei's Divining Top pour 3 Stifle et 1 ??? qui était resté un Sensei's Divining Top parce que j'aimais bien la carte en attendant de trouver mieux. Mais en lisant les posts d'Hanni sur TMD.com et en discutant avec Yuuichi et son deck je me suis dit qu'entre mes suggestions personnelles (Disenchant, Engineered Explosives ou Pithing Needle (je pensais aussi a Vindicate ou Jitte)) Pithing Needle était le choix le plus safe et le plus versatile, d'ou le changement au moment de la deck registration.

Et ce n'était pas un Aether Vial ;) Ce qui en effet aurait été une connerie %W
小松 露蘭 - Komatsu Laurent

#7 puddn

puddn
  • Membres
  • 1372 messages

Posté 21 October 2006 - 20:24

Merci à toi, moi j'ai rien fais, j'ai pas fait top8, j'ai pas fait un super report sur un tournoi japonais qui change des habituels report ricain, je n'ai juste fais que copier/coller! Rien de trés honorable.
Bravo tes commentaires sont trés intéressants, si possible peux tu développer ton ressenti sur Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician si tu as le temps stp

en tout cas je suis d'accord sur le  fait que fish uwb est bien supérieur à treshold actuellement grace à l'apport de jitte MD et le fait qu'il ne soit pas sensible aux hate graveyard.

Par contre ce deck me semble plus difficile à manier que treshold à cause de confident, jotun grunt (quoique...) et mother of rune, ainsi qu'un nombre plus faible de contre (seulement 4 FoW et 4 daze)

necro dit :

Je ne parle pas ici des mecs comme moi avec un numéro DCI à 6 chiffres et dont les FOW sortent directement des boosters Alliances.

#8 Lejay

Lejay

Papy Doomsday

• Légendes
  • 5231 messages

Posté 21 October 2006 - 23:58

Voir le messageLaurent Fleury, le Samedi 21 Octobre 2006 à 20:23, dit :

Et ce n'était pas un Aether Vial ;) Ce qui en effet aurait été une connerie %W
Ouais bon ok, c'était vraiment pas ma journée. Comme quoi dormir c'est fort, ça m'aurait sans doute éviter quelques missplays. Pour la petite histoire de mon côté je fais draw en finale, ce qui me fait terminer 5e :huh:  %W  ;) .
Bon allez, dodo.
J'ai réglé les problèmes inhérents à Magic avec un format très fun et peu cher voire gratuit à monter pour jouer entre amis.

#9 Laurent Fleury

Laurent Fleury
  • Membres
  • 60 messages

Posté 22 October 2006 - 11:00

Bien joué pour ton top 8 Lejay !

A propos de mon deck et du deck de mon ami Tanaka, Katejina San, voila ce que j'ai a dire pour la suite de la discution...

So.

Look at the deck that my friend Tanaka piloted. The deck I (and everyone else) couldn't do anything against... Katejina San is the deck's name, and believe me, we almost can't win the 2/3 SB match.

Which, of course, brought me to the question : "What do I have to change to still beat everything I could before but stand a chance against Katejina San ?"

I came with some ideas quickly : Tormod's Crypt, Cranial Extraction, Phyrexian Negator, Withred Wretch, Phyrexian Furnace, ...

Tormod's Crypt :

This was Tanaka's own suggestion... But he was more talking to me about what weas a good general solution against his deck than a good solution for Uwb F!sh against him.

Because let's see what we have here : Krosan Grisp, Smallpox, Wasteland, Engineered Explosives; everything recurred with Life from the Loam and Eternal Witness. Then he have Mox Diamond and 23 lands.

What does that mean is that we stand no chance in the late game and he can easily play around Daze in the early game. Basicaly all of his spells are very strong against us and are must counters. What became clear to me in this matchup is that we are the aggressive deck. We need to use a maximum of tempo and to beat as fast as possible. That's why Daze is definitly out and Mother of Runes is definitly in, because we need as a kind of counterspell for Smallpox so our Jotun Grunt ou Serendib Efreet can stay into play to beat down.

In this match up, we definitly can't side out Jotun Grunt. We need the 4/4 body very quick to take him down before all his engine is set in place. Tomod's Crypt is definitly anti-sinergetic with Jotun Grunt and his really weaker than usual when facing the uber Krosan Grisp.

Cranial Extraction :

A Cranial Extraction on Life from the Loam is good... But he can play Burning Wish to get it back, and it cost 4 mana which isn't good against his recurring Wasteland plan... I still think it can be a nice (and versatile) answer but not the best.

Phyrexian Negator :

When I realized we had to play the aggro role I came with this idea... a 5/5 trample is definitly good against his deck... Still, I'm affraid of Devastating Dreams and Lightning Helix and he can chump-block with Eternal Witness as well. In general, Phyrexian Negator is bad in the Legacy metagame and I wanted something better... It's good against Smallpox though and can sometime do the job.

Phyrexian Furnace :

After discarding Tormod's Crypt, I thought of Phyrexian Furnace... It's less anti-sinergetic with Jotun Grunt as I can just remove the card I need to remove while drawing into more gas. Still it's bad against Krosan Grip and as a very limited use... It's not bad against the metagame in general though...

Withered Wretch :

After thinking for a long time on this, I came with the newly reprinted Withered Wretch... and I think in the end it's the best answer. It's good against :

- Deck using Crucible of Worlds (Landstill, Stax...)
- Deck using Life from the Loam (Katejina San, Loam Confinement, CAL...)
- Deck using Graveyard Tutoring (IGGy Pop, Reanimator...)

It fits the anti-smallpox strategy as well, isn't anti-sinergetic with Jotun Grunt all that much and fits the role of the aggro deck as well. It's a little bit tough on the mana base against a recurring Wasteland deck when we don,t have a basic Swamp to fetch but this could eventualy be changed...

So here I was, I bought me some Timeshifted japanese Withered Wretch and I was testing the match-up... I think it's nice, it helps the match-up out... But what to remove from the sideboard ? What to side out outside of Daze ? is it the best answer ? Is it versatile enough ?

What do you think ?

---

A propos du deck de UB Reanimator Combo j'ai essayer de penser beaucoup a quelles étaient les 4 cartes manquantes mais j'ai pas trouvé... désolé :huh:
小松 露蘭 - Komatsu Laurent

#10 maveric78f

maveric78f
  • Membres
  • 3537 messages

Posté 22 October 2006 - 11:39

Je ne vais pas parler de la solution anti-Yuichi dans ton deck, mais plutôt faire des remarques sur son deck :

- A-t-il une seule chance face à combo ? Hormis solidarity, qui aura du mal à encaisser des small pox récurrents, c'est un matchup facile pour Iggy Pop.

- Etant donné la présence de seulement 23 lands plus 4 mox diamond, je m'interroge sur l'utilité des 2 random exploration.

- Comment gère-t-il le grave hate ? Je vois bien qu'il a 7 réponses MD pour gérer des cartes comme planar void, mais bon...

En tout cas, j'étais entrain de construire un triniturboland Gwb (31 lands), et je n'avais pas pensé à smallpox. C'est vrai que c'est un très bon ajout... mais ça m'emmerdre un peu, vu que je joue confidant*4. A étudier... Je vais tester...
J’ai connu un mec de droite une fois, il avait dix fois plus de classe.

#11 Laurent Fleury

Laurent Fleury
  • Membres
  • 60 messages

Posté 22 October 2006 - 20:32

@ Puddn :

Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician (ne me parlez pas de noms francais je n'ai jamais jouer a Magic en France de ma vie hehe. J'ai commencé a jouer au Québec (ou on n'utilise que les cartes en anglais) et j'ai progresser surtout au Japon) est une carte qui fait exactement ce dont Goblin a besoin : enlever les trop gros blocker (avec mon deck, mon plan contre Goblin est de faire le plus de cantrip/fecth dans les 3 premiers tour et ensuite sortir Serendib Efreet et Jotun Grunt pour arreter la vague et gagner avec un Jitte un peu apres) et utiliser les lands inutiles en mid-games. Il n'y a pas si longtemps, on voyait beaucoup de Goblin avec 4 Lightning Bolt / 4 Fireblast / 4 Goblin Grenade pour ces exactes memes raisons ! Le truc avec Ib Halfheart c'est qu'il ne prends pas 12 slots dans un deck trop tight pour se le permettre dans la metagame actuelle mais seulement 1 car il est fetchable avec Goblin Matron. En plus c'est un Goblin, donc bonne sinergy avec Goblin Ringleader, Goblin Warchief, Gempalm Incinerator et tout le reste du deck. Finalement, il coute 4, ce qui est son seul point faible (mis a part que c'est une légende, disons...) mais avec Vial en 4-of automatique ce n'est pas tant un probleme dans un deck qui veux a tout prix caster Goblin Ringleader de toute facon et qui est donc deja thuné pour arriver a 4 de mana. C'est une 3/2, ce qui est un bon ratio pour un creature de 4cc avec des abilities fortes comme ca, c'est mieux que 2/2 comme Kiki-Jiki (qui est un peu moins je pense) ou que 2/3 comme il aurait pu l'etre (meme si 1/4 aurait été mieux je pense). Je ne vois en fait aucune raison dene pas le mettre dans un deck de Goblin. C'est un des meilleurs top deck d'un deck qui en a grandement besoin !

@ Maveric78f

Bon... Déja je dois t'arreter... On ne dis pas d'un deck qui a fait 8-0-1 dans un tournoi de Pro Tour qu'il n'a "aucune chance contre xxxx" ou encore qu'il a une "carte random". C'est un peu prétentieux non ? Surtout que Tanaka Yuuichi est tres connu au Japon pour ses compétences de deckbuilder (surtout en Vintage) et le fait qu'il joue tres méthodiquement et qu'il ne fait presque pas d'erreur de play.

Le deck s'en sort contre combo parce qu'il met de la pression tres vite si il le faut. Smallpox, Wasteland, Engineered Explosives. C'est un deck qui peux s'ajuster a la vitesse du deck adverse tres facilement, c'est assez impressionant ! Il a d'ailleurs battu un deck a combo dans son match de top 4. Contre Solidarity il a 4 REB en side et 2 Gaea's Blessing. Contre Iggy Pop certaines dead card de Solidarity ne le sont pas (engineered Explosives, Krosan Grip) et il a Gaea's Blessing pour "contrer" un intuition assez facilement. C'est en effet pas le plus facile des match-up mais il a résultat positif crois-moi. Surtout quand c'est lui qui pilote le deck.

Pour les explorations "random", c'est une carte extremement forte avec Life from the Loam !!! 2 Wasteland par tour si la lock n'est pas arrivé assez vite ca rattrape le retard bien comme il faut, et dans un deck étant si couteux en mana et en tempo (Volrath's Stronghold, Eternal Witness, Engineered Explosives, Burning Wish, Pernicious Dead, Crime/Punishement) et qui en plus se pete ses propres lands (Smallpox, Devastating Dreams), les explorations sont vitales pour garder un edge sur l'adversaire. Pourquoi pas plus que deux alors ? En avoir deux en jeu en early game ne sert aboslument a rien voir en late game as well. Et en plus le deck est extremement tight car c'est un deck blue-less de control et il a besoin d'énormément de versatilité et de vitesse dans les réponses, donc ne serait-ce quK'une troisieme Exploration rentrerais mal dans le deck. Exploration est bon tout le temps mais surtout vital en mid/late game pour pouvoir caster Eternal Witness ou Burning PLUS la carte que l'on est aller chercher dans le meme tour ainsi que de rattraper un éventuel retard avec Wasteland.

Pour la graveyard hate, il faut comprendre qu'il suffit d'un Life from the Loam pour gagner avec ce deck, pas de son graveyard au complet, la loop avec Volrath's Stronghold et Eternal Witness ou Genesis. Loxodon Hierarch n'est pas tant necessaire. Le deck peux gagner avec un Seismic Assault ou un Eternal Witness beat au besoin. Donc en gros le truc c'est de ne pas se faire remover son LftL, et ca il suffit de cycler une land en réponse a l'effet genant pour le ramener dans sa main. Apres, Krosan Grip est tres puissant contre la réponse la plus commune : tormod's crypt. Surtout dans un environnement ou les gens ne sont pas encore tout a fait conscient de la puissance de la nouvelle carte. Finalement, si LftL se fait remover from the game, Burning Wish peux aller le rechercher, donc ce n'est pas tant un probleme.

Voila voila. Katejina San est un tres bon deck qui mérite d'etre étudier de pres avant d'etre critiquer... Il est tres dur a jouer (Uwb F!sh aussi comme le faisait remarquer puddn, ce sont deux decks avec lesquels il faut tester beaucoup pour arriver a jouer correctement avec) mais peu sincerement et objectivement battre n'importe quoi dans la metagame actuelle. A plus :huh:
小松 露蘭 - Komatsu Laurent

#12 Apocalypse666

Apocalypse666

Administrateur

• Administrateurs
  • 4241 messages

Posté 22 October 2006 - 21:19

Pour commencer un grand bravo pr ton resultat :huh:

Maintenant c'est clair que le deck de ton ami doit etre tres dur a piloter;) ( quand j'aurais réussi a piloter mon loam correctement (cf mn report^^) je le testerais. )
Par contre je trouve pas UBW fish si dur que ca a piloter pr jouer un deck qui joue un peu ds la mme optique..
Smallpox c'est vrai que ca a l'air assez enorme et personnellement je trouve que devastating dream est une carte sublissime car retourne aggro et combo..

Pr le fait de passer  a 3 explo oopah, en voir 3 ne m'aurait pas choqué outre mesure car ds l'optique mana denial par les wastelands c'est juste enorme et je pense mm qu'il a dut tester un moment ac 3 avant de passer a 2.

Le deck est vraiment interressant en tout cas, et les intéractions genesis, volrath, loxodon, eternal witness st bien sympa:) En tout cas ca fait tjrs plaisir de voir un random deck s'imposer ds un gros tournoi prouvant qu'il existe encore pleins de decks builders de génie et pas que des netdeckers;)

Desolé je double post pr parler de ta liste:

Citation

Uwb F!sh Laurent Fleury's version

4 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
4 Underground Sea
4 Tundra
1 Scrubland
1 Plain
1 Island

4 Meddling Mage
4 Dark Confidant
3 Mother of Runes
3 Jotun Grunt
2 Serendib Efreet

4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
4 Brainstorm
4 Serum Visions
3 Stifle
2 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Pithing Needle

Sideboard
4 Engineered Plague
4 Duress
2 Pithing Needle
2 Engineered Explosvies
2 Disenchant
1 Umezawa's Jitte

Pourquoi ne pas jouer d'aether vial? Ds tous mes tests sur des fishlike.deck j'ai trouvé cette carte vraiment génial, mais j'ai l'habitude de jouer 3 jitte dc peut etre que j'ai plus besoin de ma vial car plus souvent besoin de poser jitte rapidement ds la partie.
Et en autre question: pourquoi ne pas jouer wasteland ds un deck qui joue 3 Stifle et qui est basé sur le tempo? Ca semble pourtant une super arme.
Qu'est ce qui ds tes tests t'as fait ecarté ces 2 cartes?

Sinon ds les slots de tn deck dont je ne suis pas fan je dirais qu'il y a 1 pithing + 4 serum visions + peut etre qqes swords en trop.
Pourquoi jouer 4 Sword et 2 Jitte et pas 3 Sword et 3 Jitte? Alors que tu dis toi meme que tu attends le jitte pr pouvoir tuer! Sachant qu'en plus tu joues des Jotun grunt en *3 qui ne st pas sur de pouvoir rester indéfiniement sur table et des efrit qui mine de rien te pique, tout comme les confidants.. Ca semble qd mm tres important de topper vite ton jitte!

Voila ce ne st que des observations de ce qui sort de mes anciens tests sur mon deck WWub qui est vraiment ds la mm optique ac les contres en moins et de la disrupt en plus.

Amicalement,
Apo'

ps: stifle c'est vraiment génial:) si je trouvais de la place j'en jouerais partout je pense:)

Mike Flores dit :

[...]there is only one right play on every priority of every stack... more than just winning a game, gunning for the tightest possible plays is a goal that every Magic player can strive for.

#13 maveric78f

maveric78f
  • Membres
  • 3537 messages

Posté 23 October 2006 - 07:34

Apo : on avait déjà pas mal parlé de son deck dans son précédent report de tournoi. C'est pour cela que je ne me suis intéressé qu'au deck du winner ;-)

Laurent : c'étaient des questions. Il ne faut pas voir quoi que ce soit d'arrogant dans ce que je dis et ce ne sont pas des critiques d'aileurs, puisque tu utilises ce mot. Si je comprends bien exploration (contrairement à d'habitude) n'est pas une carte à jouer en early game. Ca explique qu'elles ne soient que 2 dans le deck.

Sinon son deck a l'air très exigeant en mana. Je me demande comment il y arrive : 4 couleurs, demande BB pour smallpox, RR pour devastating dreams, GG pour witness. Mox de diamant doit bien aider pour ça, mais ça reste très exigeant quand même.
J’ai connu un mec de droite une fois, il avait dix fois plus de classe.

#14 Juju

Juju
  • Membres
  • 159 messages

Posté 23 October 2006 - 09:07

En gros une strategie possible contre ce deck est de casser les mox diamond?

Si oui c'est assez moche tout de meme :huh:

#15 Lejay

Lejay

Papy Doomsday

• Légendes
  • 5231 messages

Posté 23 October 2006 - 10:09

Voir le messageJuju, le Lundi 23 Octobre 2006 à 10:07, dit :

En gros une strategie possible contre ce deck est de casser les mox diamond?

Si oui c'est assez moche tout de meme :huh:
A quand les shaman gorille et kataki main deck en 1.5 ?