URbliterate

• Veuillez vous connecter pour répondre
2 réponses à ce sujet

#1 APriestOfGix

APriestOfGix
  • Membres
  • 39 messages

Posté 03 November 2007 - 14:32

I played T2 back in the days of Affinity and fell in love with the U/R Obliterate decks.

Well it's time has come for legacy.  It is amazing.  It rapes combo, smashed, thresh and landstill, and does well against random aggro.

It has trouble with Ichorid and Life from the Loam decks, so if your meta is full of that, think twice before picking up this deck.

With out further adieu, here is Team Funk's URbliterate.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation

// Lands
    3 Ancient Tomb
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Tundra
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Volcanic Island
    3 Flagstones of Trokair
    2 Island
    1 Mountain
    1 Plains

// Creatures
    3 Greater Gargadon
    4 Academy Rector

// Spells
    3 Obliterate
    2 Form of the Dragon
    3 Mana Leak
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Counterbalance
    1 Dovescape
    4 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will

// Sideboard
SB: 1 Humility
SB: 4 Arcane Laboratory
SB: 4 Propaganda
SB: 3 Ghostly Prison
SB: 3 Disenchant

The deck plays the control role.  It tries to slow the game down enough to drop a rector or two and win the game.

It counters threads left and right, and when it runs out of counters, resets the board, bringing a Greater Gard. Form of the Dragon, and some other goodies out.

Rector can go before the Obliterate, by feeding the Greaters.

Obliterate dosn't kill any enchantments you may have played.

When you obliterate with the CB/T combo out, you have top on the top of your library, giving you a free turn if they try to lay a land, and use a catrip to try and recover (CB uses top to counter brainstorm, opt, or any other 1cc spell they have the mana to cast)

The deck beats all aggro control, as it just counter the aggro, and when thresh is about to force through a critter, you blow up the board.

Rector can stop a whole army, until the can swing for lethal in one turn, for fear of the Form of the dragon, making their creatures unable to attack.

So far me results with the deck show that:

Strong Matchups:
Thresh
Landstill
TES
Iggy Pop
Cephalid Breakfast

Mid Matchups:
Life from the Loam
B/x Suicide
Survival

Weak Matchups:
Ichorid
Plukia
I don't speak french, pardon my bad translations...

Je ne parle pas le français, le pardon ma mauvaise traduction ...

Image IPB

#2 Banzaï

Banzaï
  • Membres
  • 1154 messages

Posté 04 November 2007 - 20:55

salut,

dans l'esprit j'ai fait un deck bien plus stable, rapide, fun et anti-tout métagame (même stiffle tu t'en tappes) :

je vous mets une de mes différentes versions la R,B,g

// Lands
    1 [MM] Remote Farm
    4 [MI] Crystal Vein
    4 [IN] Tinder Farm
    4 [IN] Archaeological Dig
    4 [TS] Gemstone Mine
    4 [FE] Ruins of Trokair
    2 [CHK] Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    1 [MM] Sandstone Needle

// Creatures
    4 [TS] Greater Gargadon
    2 [JU] Anurid Brushhopper

// Spells
    4 [JU] Burning Wish
    4 [PS] Orim's Chant
    4 [TS] Chromatic Star
    4 [RAV] Terrarion
    3 [WL] Abeyance
    3 [OD] Balancing Act
    3 [TO] Overmaster
    4 [MI] Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 [OD] Recoup

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [OD] Balancing Act
SB: 1 [IN] Obliterate
SB: 1 [TO] Overmaster
SB: 4 [TS] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 1 [PS] Hull Breach
SB: 3 [B] Red Elemental Blast
SB: 1 [RAV] Life from the Loam
SB: 1 [B] Regrowth
SB: 2 [IA] Pyroclasm

Pour ceux qui ne connaissait pas le jeux en étendu, le but est de passer un balancting act (pas très dur qd mm) et de ne plus avoir de permanent et de main.

#3 Toad

Toad
  • Membres
  • 1246 messages

Posté 05 November 2007 - 14:11

I used to work on an Obliterate deck last year when Life from the Loam got printed, in a Tings oriented shell. I think I posted it on StarCityGames at some point, where so called "Adepts" from MTS laughed at it for running Obliterates... Hehe good times reading their ignorant replies.

Regardless... I do not think the Counterspell route is the appropriate one. Counterspell is slow and doesnt do much in Legacy right now. The list has similarities with Banzaï's list, with an emphasis on Life from the Loam and Burning Wish as toolbox. I had a heavy Blue component to support Force of Will (Fire/Ice, Rune Snag or Condescend, Brainstorm / now Ponder), but with Thoughtseize printed going for 4 Duress and 4 Thoughtseize might be better.

I'm not a huge fan of Greater Gargadon, it is too much of a gamble overall. It is barely playable without Obliterate or Balancing Act as backup and you are still open to Swords to Plowshares. Nimble Mongoose is solid against Control, Terravore works fine and you also have access to the obvious Tarmogoyf (duh!). Anurid Brushhopper is nice too, though the mana requirements are a bit problematic.

I don't really get the Lion's Eye Diamonds in Banzaï's list, there is only the obvious synergy with Burning Wish to abuse them, but that seems to be too cute only. The lone Recoup is also weird. Gemstone Mine and Boseiju stay out after Tings, I'm not a great fan of this, I like mana bases with sac lands only.